Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Important Things to do on the Disney College Program

Considering how much I've researched the Disney College Program before I applied, I've heard more than anything, people wishing they would've done more with their time. I hope that I am not one of those people during my program. I am making this post to remind myself what I want to get out of the program to keep myself from missing out on all the opportunities during the College Program.

My main goal after the program is to get a professional internship with Disney. My number one at the moment is the coveted Guest Relations P.I. I know it's super hard to get, but I like a challenge, so. I definitely want to find out more about it, talk to people who could give me advice, etc. Maybe see if I can talk to someone who did it and how they got it, if they liked it, and so on.

I know Disney offers workshops, often on resume building and cover letter writing, so I want to take advantage of that. These people who run the workshops know what Disney wants in a resume and cover letter. They could probably provide statistics for my particular role to help my resume stand out. Who better to go to for advice about what my P.I. application should look like than the people who run these workshops?

The classes I want to take during the DCP have a purpose behind them. I want to take the HR course and Marketing You because both will transfer for school credit. That makes it easier to graduate on time. I do want to take some seminars as well. Exploring Guest Service is my number one at the moment because they get guest speakers from all aspects of park and resort operations to talk about guest service, including- you guessed it-, guest relations. Networking with leaders in all the various departments would definitely help a girl out.

I really want my managers to know who I am and remember me! By doing a good job with my work, I'm sure that will help me out a lot! I'd love to get at least one Guest Service Fanatic card. That is a card you receive when someone notices you going out of your way to create magical moments and taking pride in your work. It's on my bucket list too!

If my managers know who I am, that may help me work my way up the ladder easier. I'd be able to get recommendations, references, etc. from them! I want to try and take on more responsibilities as the semester goes on. I've done a lot of money-handling and counting especially during my ticketing internship, and I'm sure that comes up working in merchandise.

I'd also love to pick up shifts in different parks, resorts, etc. I want to be able to experience the full range of lovely costumes and work environments! Plus, I think it'd be real cool to say I worked in all 4 parks.

I know the Hub offers a lot of cool opportunities if you know where to look. For example, walking tours of popular attractions, preview nights, etc. I want to take advantage of this as much as possible while I'm a Cast Member at Walt Disney World!

So, overall there's so much to do while I'm on the College Program, but I want to do as much of it as possible! I don't want to be the girl who sits in her apartment all day saying, "I'll do it tomorrow." I want to go out and seize all the opportunities that present themselves. I want to keep working for Disney, and to do that, I must be very proactive- and I will be.

'Til next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment