Thursday, November 6, 2014

Graduating On Time

So, today I thought I'd post about the idea of doing the Disney College Program and still graduating on time.

Now, this hasn't really been a concern of mine, as I felt that if I ever got accepted into the DCP, I would just push everything back a semester and graduate a bit later than before.

Now though, things are a bit different. I've been accepted into the program before, for Spring 2014, and back then I even felt like the way I just described. This time around though, it's been over 2 months since I've been accepted, and I still get those moments everyday where I just stop and think, "I'm going to Walt Disney World. I'm so excited! I can't believe it!"

The fact that I'm still feeling this way is definitely making me believe that it will be difficult to leave Orlando after my program. I certainly won't want to come back and finish school, let alone have it all pushed back a semester.

So I will be graduating on time (Spring 2016). Not a semester late, which was the original plan. To make this happen, I have to take classes for credit while I'm at Disney! I was just planning on taking the seminars, but I'm glad I'll get to experience the collegiate courses too.

I'm definitely willing to do what I have to in order to graduate on time, instead of pushing everything back a semester. It may be difficult, it may be a heavy workload, but it will be so worth it!

I do feel that Disney is where I'm supposed to be. Hopefully by the end of my CP, I'll have a better idea of where I fit. I want to use the College Program to network, so that when I graduate on time, I'll be able to start everything a bit sooner. I want to do a Professional Internship after I graduate, perhaps another College Program right after I graduate, and before a P.I. The more time I can spend with Disney, the better I'll know where I belong.

I know a lot of people say it's a struggle to graduate on time after doing the College Program. That's especially true for me. I'm basically doing 5 years worth of school in 3.5 so I can do the College Program without moving my graduation date and come out of school debt free. It's a struggle, but it's worth it for the Mouse.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment