Thursday, September 11, 2014

Updates and Getting to Know Me

Hey gang. So last I left you, I had attempted, unsuccessfully, to pay my fees. Well, I know you were so worried, but fear not, I was able to submit my payments Monday afternoon, and I will officially be moving in January 19th, 2015! My departure date is May 15th at the moment, but I really want to try and extend into the summer unless an amazing opportunity presents itself elsewhere.

Also, quick update on school. I feel like it's not a super unique situation to be in, but it's been difficult to find help with what I need to do on the school end of things to make sure I'm squared away. I am on scholarship at the University of Alabama, but I also need to receive internship credit (just like a 1 hour thing) for the DCP.

So I've been running around talking to my advisors, the scholarship department, basically trying to figure out what I need to do and nobody's giving me the full picture. I'm trying to piece together everything but it's slow going. I'm just trying to stay on top of it because I still have lots of time rather than let it wait until the end of the semester.

So, on to more fun stuff: About Me!!! (Everyone say yay!) So there's this file that's been going around the Facebook group for a while for "Getting to Know Me". People are also using it to find roommates, but I think my roommate situation is relatively locked down. I'll probably dive into that in a later post. Anyways, I thought I'd post my survey here just so y'all can see a little bit about me!

'Til next time!

BACKGROUND
  • Name: Taylor Suydam
  • Gender: Female
  • Orientation: Straight
  • Relationship Status: Single
  • Birthday/Age: September 27, 1993 / 20 (almost 21 whoo whoo)
  • Current Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
  • From: Libertyville, IL (North Suburb of Chicago)
  • School: University of Alabama 
  • Major: Marketing; Hospitality Management
  • Are you allergic/allergies to anything? Liars
  • Do you have any siblings? Yep! Two sisters

DCP DETAILS
  • Are you applying for WDW or DL? WDW!
  • Flying or Driving: Driving for sure
  • Your Role?: Merch :)
  • What program are you applying for? Spring
  • Arrival Date/Departure Date: January 19th/May 15th
  • Do you want to live in Wellness or Non-Wellness? Non-wellness but I'm open to Wellness if I find roommates who need to live in wellness!
  • How many people do you want to live with? I’d probably be pretty flexible on that, but the more the merrier!
  • Which housing complex would you like to live in?: Again, not a deal breaker or anything like that. I’d like Chatham, but I’m pretty flexible!
  •  Alumni? Nope

LIFESTYLE
  • Do you party? How often? Not really, I like hanging out though!
  • Do you smoke? No.
  • Do you drink? Socially
  • Can you cook? I can bake?
  • Are you a night person or morning person? NIGHT OWL FOR LIFE. I can be productive in the morning though. I just need like 10 minutes to wake up fully.
  • Do you snore? Nah man.
  • What does your bedroom normally look like? I normally have some sort of pile of clothes but other than that, it’s pretty good. I definitely try to keep common areas clean though.
  • Do you like it when your room is hot or cold? Cold! I cannot stand waking up sweating in the middle of the night.
  • Would you rather go out or stay in? Both! Just depends on my mood at the time!
  • What do you like to do on your days off/the weekend? Watching sports! DAAA BULLS. I’m from Chicago, so I gotta watch my teams! I also love college football so I go to all my school's home games (Roll Tide!). I've been getting into painting lately, just to keep my mind off the application process and whatnot. So I've painted a few pairs of shoes and some wall hangings. I also love going to concerts, so let me know if we have similar tastes and we can check out some shows! I really want to spend time in the parks as much as I can, including Universal! 
  • Do you work out a lot? As often as I’m able to get to the gym.
  • Everyone uses one… how annoying is your alarm clock? How often do you press “snooze”? Not very, actually. Just loud enough to wake me up, and I can’t afford to press snooze haha. That’s a dangerous path to take for me.
  • How would you handle a “bug situation”? I will kill it if I can reach it, but I’m *ahem* vertically challenged, so it’s not very often that I can reach.
  • Should the toilet paper be over or under? I’m an over kinda gal
  • Do you hang your clothes or fold them? I try to hang as many as I can
  • How often do you shower? Mornings or nights? Every day. Definitely at night though.
  • Will we sing obnoxiously together? Of course! I pretty much sing everything all the time anyways!
  • As a Disney Princess (and/or Prince) animals flock to me and birds fly into my window when I sing… is this a problem?  Nah, that’s pretty cool though. Can you teach me your ways?

PERSONALITY
  • Three words that describe you: Light-hearted, quirky, approachable 
  • One good quality: I like to make everyone laugh, and I’m pretty good at diffusing situations. 
  • One bad quality: Sometimes I stay up really late. I try to be quiet though, but my brain just won’t shut down sometimes.
  • Are you outgoing or quiet? ? I’ve definitely become more outgoing as I’ve grown up. I may be on the quieter side until I’m sure I won’t offend you with my humor (I’m not mean, but on the sarcastic side), then I’ll open up. 
  • Do you like hanging out with people or keeping to yourself? I love hanging out with people! But sometimes, I just need my alone time!
  • What would you want in a roommate? Someone I can hang out with, go to the parks with or just have a night in. Someone who will keep the common areas at least respectable. Someone who can tolerate/enjoy my personality. 
  • What are your biggest pet peeves/dislikes? Judgmental people, and controlling people. 
  • Are you messy or organized? Organized in a lot of areas of my life.
  • How do you feel about sharing? Definitely cool with it. Just ask!
  • Do you like having people over a lot? Yeah! But if I’m at Disney, I’d rather be going out with people. But I definitely like having people over.
  • Favorite Music: Queen, *NSYNC, Fall Out Boy, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Beatles, twenty one pilots, The Mowglis,  Froggy Fresh, Sleeper Agent, random 90s one hit wonders
  • Favorite TV Shows: The Office, It’s Always Sunny, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Community, Survivor, Psych
  • Favorite Movies: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Way Way Back, Back to the Future, Bridesmaids, Breakfast Club, Horrible Bosses, Mean Girls, Rear Window
  • Favorite Food: Chicken, popcorn, pineapple (I’m pretty all over)

DISNEY!!
  • Favorite Character: Belle or Hercules or Buzz Lightyear!
  •  Favorite Movie: HERCULES, Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin 
  • Favorite Disney Channel Show: Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, That’s So Raven
  • Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios for days! 
  • Favorite Ride: Toy Story Midway Mania!

No comments:

Post a Comment