Thursday, August 7, 2014

Applying for the College Program

So, to be perfectly honest, I'm getting kind of nervous for this application to drop. I am a textbook "over-preparer", and I don't want to overdo it on preparing for this interview, but it's kind of important to me.

See, I've been wanting to do the college program for about 2 years now. I had a rough start to my freshman year of college, which is when I discovered the DCP. I thought it would be a great escape, and that was about it. Fast forward 2 years later, during which I was accepted to do the Spring 2014 program but ultimately had to turn it down, and I now have so many more reasons for wanting to do the program.

I'm at the point where I really just want to do the program and be down in Florida. I'm not the kind of person who will take on a role they hate for that opportunity though. Especially if I get to do Spring Advantage, I don't think I would be capable of doing certain roles for 8 months without regretting it.

That being said, there are a lot of roles that I do feel I'm qualified for, and I would love to do, so picking a Top 3/4 is incredibly difficult at the moment for me. I am trying my best to at least think of some scenarios they may ask about during the interview, because that tends to be the one thing to trip me up during interviews, not even DCP.

I've done more phone interviews in the past semester due to me applying for summer internships back home while I was still at school, so I feel prepared in the sense that I can still deliver a good impression even though they may not be able to see me. Overall, I feel good about the interview, though I am kind of anxious for it to just happen and be in my rearview window. I think that once I'm done, it'll feel good to have this not hanging over my head. I don't want this to be a missed opportunity for the second year in a row, which is why this is so important to me.

Apps are going to drop anywhere from 1 week-3 weeks from now. Hopefully it'll happen before I start my classes on the 21st! I'll definitely keep this updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment